There are few better ways to present a project to your clients than through aerial fly-overs of a proposed building. Drones have made it easier than ever to aerial footage of your projects sites. In this course you will learn to take drone footage (or really any kind of footage), whether it is shot by you or someone else, and composite in your 3D creations easily and convincingly. 3DS Max and After Effects already have all the built-in tools that you need for creating visual effects using 3D composited into live footage. Follow this course and you will be amazed at how quickly and easily you can be up to speed, creating your own movie-like effects, using software you probably already have access to.
This course is broken down into three main sections:
- Inside of After Effects -- This is where I will show you how to generate and export 3D camera tracking data for later use in 3DS Max.
- Inside 3DS Max -- From AE, we will get a camera the exactly matches the zoom angle and movement of our live video footage, but in Max we will have to adjust its scale and rotation in order to get it to match with the real world. Once we have that, we can add any 3D elements we want to the footage.
- Bring It All Back Together In After Effects -- This is where we will do some compositing. The goal is to make the 3D animation elements and the live footage mesh together seamlessly and convincingly.
This course is hands on. You will be following along with me creating a basic aerial fly-over. You will learn the exact workflow that you need, plus a ton of tips and tricks that will help you to not get hung up when you graduate to your own projects. I have already done all the troubleshooting for you, so learn from my experience. Check out the promo video to learn more about me, and about the project you will creating in the course.
Join the course today for lifetime access!
Check out my other Arch Viz / 3D courses as well (More about those at the end of this course). I have learning opportunities for all levels, and courses that cover various different aspects of the industry.
*This course uses the latest and greatest in the two main software packages that are discussed.
**Frequent updates and additional lectures
***Lifetime access to all content and future content
Adam Zollinger is the founder and creator of LearnArchViz.com and a practicing professional architectural visualization artist. Professionally, he works for a large architectural firm and manages hundreds of arch viz projects each year. With his team of artists, he has been able to create stunning visuals on a wide range of projects ranging from very small to extremely large. Adam's goal has always been to use cutting edge technology to tell a visual story in the most effective way. Here are some of the techniques used professionally, and also taught through Learn Arch Viz:
- Photo realistic rendering and animation with 3ds Max + V-Ray
- Real time virtual walkthroughs, renderings and animations with UE4 and Twinmotion
- Fully interactive VR experiences with UE4 blueprints
- Drone flyover compositing with 3d superimposed using 3ds Max / V-Ray / After Effects
- Hand drawn illustrations with Photoshop
- and more...
Online, Adam has created an international community of arch viz learners, and has been able to release 17 courses and teach 60k students around the world!